The Waiting List Process
The waiting list is not based on a first-come, first-served basis. Vacancies are filled by children having the best-fit month and year of birth, and then according to when their waitlist registration was submitted. This enables us to ensure that as a child ages up, they are moved into a developmentally appropriate environment. Priority is given to enrolled children increasing their hours of childcare, siblings of already enrolled children, and children of full-time staff.
To put your child on the waiting list, please:
- Download and print this Wait List Registration Form.
- Fill out the form and mail it (or drop it off in our mailbox): Abeona House
Re: Wait List
3401 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70118
- Once your wait list form has been received, you will receive a confirmation email and be added to our e-blast system. You will get regular updates on tours and potential openings. In the meantime, please feel free to e-mail our Board President, Chrissy Sheets, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
The Enrollment Process
Once a spot for your child opens up, the following steps must be documented before enrolling:
- Consultation between parents and Director agreeing that the Abeona House suits the family/child’s needs.
- Interview with Parent or Guardian shall include:
- Provision of written statement of center’s policies and procedures
- Securing necessary information on child (master card)
- Obtaining signed agreements between center and parent, giving child permission to receive care, for staff to administer emergency medication, to release child to appropriate adults, for child to be videotaped, photographed, and quoted in projects and promotional materials, and for the child to participate in walking trips
- Immunization record (State law requires that children enrolled in school have age appropriate immunizations in accordance with a schedule approved by the State of Louisiana’s Department of Health and Hospitals.)
- A current photo of the child, and also a family photo, if available
Registration & Activity Fees
Follow this link for details on tuition, fees and schedules.
The Admissions Calendar
September to March – Tours by appointment. Please call 504-486-0510.
February – Enrolled families complete a letter of intent to return for the coming year
March – Notifications to families regarding open spots. First month’s tuition is due as a deposit.
April – Scholarship applications are available.
May – Scholarship awards are announced to families. Any family not receiving sufficient aid to continue in the enrollment process will receive their deposit in full.
August – The new school year starts each August after a week of professional development. Students move into new classrooms or start our program in this time frame. From time to time, a vacancy will open during the school year, in which case we will send an e-blast to our wait list and go from there.
September – Families from the wait list not invited to enroll have the option to resubmit their wait list form with updated information and retain the original date.